Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Tis the season

There is nothing better than the smell of freshly cut grass and hotdogs. It is the sign that spring is here. Generally speaking, there is a huge lull from after the Super Bowl until March madness. That is generally the time when I really begin to get uber excited about baseball season!!

This year is quite different for me as a fan. I am honestly hard pressed between being super stoked and super bummed all at the same time. I am super stoked because for the first time since '93, I don't have to deal with having one Barry Lamar Bonds. That is a huge relief. For the first time in 6 years, I don't have to feel guilty about loving the Gigantes! I can actually just enjoy watching the Giants reek!

That brings me to the part about being way bummed. This is the first year that it has hit me that I am basically a West version of a Royals fan (I can't believe I just said that). My team is already 50 games under .500 and the season hasn't kicked off yet. The way I see it though is that I can Gigantes tickets whenever I want at rock bottom prices!

Still though, the baseball fan that I am is excited to sit back on a warm summer night with a Mt. Dew watching some baseball with Kruk & Kuip or Miller & Morgan, or anyone for that matter. I can't wait to hear take me out to the ball game and someone saying, "Play ball." It should be awesome to see and it should be an exciting season. I guess since my team is down I will just jump on the anti-Yankeees, Dodgers, Bosox band wagon and ride that baby all the way through the fall classic!!

2 comments:

Ando said...

Just to darken your mood a little bit more, the Giants lost to their AAA team last night 4-3. Owch.

J Crew said...

That does hurt quite a bit