Monday, October 8, 2007

The Fall

A lot of people enjoy the seasons. They love fall, winter, spring, and summer. That is not how I think of seasons. I think of them as follows: football, basketball, and baseball. When I think of the fall though, I think of the baseball playoffs. Right about the time that the leaves change colors, you know it is time for the playoffs.

Now normally I am all over this, but this year it is a lot harder. It could be that this is true because of my new job, if you can even call it that. It could also be because my team, the Giants is or was horrific this past season. I definitely think that all those things have played an important part in the process. Still though, it could just be that I am sick of the Red Sox and the Yankees and I haven't been able to get my mind around the fact that the Rockies or the Diamondbacks are going to be in the World Series!

Are you kidding me! The team from Colorado and a young Diamondback team. This just sounds crazy, but that is what makes the playoffs so special. The playoffs are what make household names out of Ryan Garko or Chris Young. That is what I love about the playoffs. The tension mounting with each pitch. The mind wandering to see if the batter will hit the game winning single or if the closer will whiff him on 3 pitches. This kind of drama is unmatched in sports in my opinion. All this to say that now that the LCS series are about to kick in, I am hoping to get more into it. That and I need to watch it on a sweet TV with some sweet homies. So, if you're not watching, there is something terribly wrong, terribly wrong!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

before we talk baseball, let me just say this: Julius Jones better ride the pine a lot tonight!!!

I hear ya on the same teams being there all the time, but I have to admit, both those teams make for some exciting baseball!

Ando said...

Amen brother! Even with my team doing its best Bobby Sox imitation this year in the playoffs, I still love it.

Now maybe I'll actually enjoy the games I watch. :)